Embracing Change


Life is ever-changing. Yet the one thing that defines us is how well we adapt to those changes. 

Lately, many things are changing in my life. One of them, obviously is that because of the tremendous amount of change I need to cope with, I chose to start writing again. It's the one way I can let out some thoughts and emotions and not implode and die without knowing what had happened.

Since graduation, I have been thinking about my options for my future. Plenty of things I wanted to do. I enjoyed TV Production but sadly, I wasn't able to follow through. Why? The concerns are simple. Going into such a line will have me compromising my priorities in life. One might say, "Our lives are shaped by our careers, we can't let go of a career just because it is going to alter our lives. It means you're not stepping out of your comfort zone."

I can agree with that. However, we can also choose to have a career that doesn't require you to alter your current life that much, instead enhance and upgrade it in order to match, not compensate.

I'm now working full-time in my church. Serving the church and community. Yes I'm paid but are peanuts compared to what I would get from the big boys' market. People might come to say, "I'm simply sticking to my comfort zone." Yet what I experience is truly out of my comfort zone. Here's why:

If I had chosen to go for a job that I would be good in, I would have taken up TV Production jobs. Yes, it alters my life but only to the extend of compromising. Just have less time in certain parts and have more time in job. End of story.

Yet here, I not only have to enhance my life to make sure I walk well in line with God but also learning to do many things that I didn't learn in class. What am I doing? What is there to do?

Well, I do admin work largely. Nothing to do with what I've learnt and no idea how to do them. So had to keep learning. Dealing with different people on various ministry works in the church. Following through on various church projects, brainstorming on new ideas, and plenty more.

Nothing sets one person out of their comfort zone more than when everything in their lives are stretched and forced to be enhanced. Be it learning or doing. I'm not just into a life that all I needed to do was adjust my time with my job but instead, upgrading each aspect of my life. No compensation, just demanded MORE. 

So my life now is in a constant exponential learning curve. Each day I have to deal with learning to adapt. Not every day I succeed. I still get tired and beat down. But I keep my life. I keep my passion. I make my life better and continue in my passion to serve God. I continue to have a life with my family and loved ones. 

Great minds think they know better and don't see the need or even the existence of God. God is for the weak and gullible? Only when you experience God and can't explain it with your great mind will you submit. There's already aplenty of things in this world that great minds still fail to explain. 

Regards,
EC

Comments

Popular Posts