Chapter End. Begin Another!

It's been so long I've last posted anything. Even thinking about an overhaul seems like an extremely tedious job. And then, the timely interface change in blogger. I don't think I will change anything on this blog for now.

Just a little something I feel like I should write it down. Again, it's been so long since I last wrote anything. Pardon the rust in the language or content or anything like that. Hard to believe something I loved to do can feel so different when I didn't do it for awhile. Probably takes some time to get it back.

As the title suggests, I'm documenting a remarkable time of life, a mark of an end to a wonderful chapter in life. A chapter that my life took a turnaround, growing more than I ever had in the past.

This whole chapter started somewhere around the end of 2009. I remember just finishing my diploma at Tunku Abdul Rahman College (TARC) and barely know what to do next. Job searching was a sure dead end. Why? I wanted to work near home so that I be around for my family. That's priority. I didn't want to work in the mainstream media either.

Long story short, finding a job was just not what I was supposed to do. Early 2010, I  got into a degree course offered by Oklahoma City University (OCU), USA that was available through Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS). Somehow, I felt that the door was intentionally left open, given that the registration deadline is just two days away, or so, if I remembered correctly.

In the end, I got in just like that. Paid my fees and await to explore the unknown. I got what I prayed for. Somewhere that I could stay close to family, making up the time I had lost with them. I went back to seek God when I had no where to go or have no idea what my future holds. His grace knows no bounds. He showered me with countless blessings. God is so faithful that He can never break our heart. We are always that unfaithful other half that breaks His heart. Again and again.

I was then surprised by how the course would be conducted. I will have 18 months to complete all my modules. Each module had only nine days worth of classes. Each class is three hours and 30 minutes. Most would think that it should be easy but it is just the contrary.

What every student learns back in US for 16 weeks is crammed down to nine days for us. Although they have multiple subjects in a semester, we didn't fair much better at all. During the nine days, we would usually have quizzes and even assignments that are to be done and handed in the very next day. We only have two weeks to finish up final assignment and study for exam right after the class.

We had at least a module every month. Then there was a month where two modules were back to back, thought by the same professor. Which meant, we only had two weeks to complete assignment and studies for the first module then just another week to do the same for the following module. It required a lot of work and I just kept finding the time too short.

Then more and more things start to string together, seeing God's grace in a bigger picture. When my sister had her first baby August last year, I was just available to be there for her and her new family. She had many problems then. Guess I shouldn't name too much. I'm thankful that God gave me a chance to see my niece born safely and I got to help take care for the first month.

I saw God putting me in my sis' family as part of His plan for them. Things would have been so different if I had went back to KL for anything at all. I never could have been so available, had not the course was conducted this way.

God watched me through each and every module. Even when I had to take time for my family, help my sis out, I still had time for studies. It was just an amazing experience of God's awesome and perfect plan being revealed and executed before me.

Now, I have graduated with a 3.1 CGPA. An achievement I never had before. I've never touched 3.0. Somehow, looking back at my transcript, I saw a trend. God didn't intend to have me score 3.9 CGPA, probably because I have my limits, although He could. He let me see something else. Amidst all kinds of things to do during this 18 months, He led me to a steady climb in my grades.

I'm talking about juggling between relationships with friends and family, helping my family, helping my sis' family, do my ministry work, plan things for my ministry, plan things for the church, attending events in church, organising or coordinating events in church, just too many to mention.

My grades? I started with 2.375 for my first two modules. I felt so lousy but I continued to trust God, knowing I can't do it by myself. Then the next three modules followed. I did better. CGPA climbed to 2.6. By then, I was satisfied as I knew that's my average points throughout my studies. Then the next three modules was even better. My CGPA rose to 2.719.

The following three again, CGPA went to 2.909. By then, I had no idea it had rose to this point. I was just so thankful that I did quite well for the modules, just by looking at what grade I got. Then came the modules I done in US, including a final Student's Showcase assignment. My CGPA went to 3.054.

The final and last module summed the whole transcript up, stunning me beyond words. My CGPA got to 3.117. I had no idea about this trend until I sat down and looked at my progress. Indeed, it was never my own capabilities. God really showed me how great He is through this. It didn't have to be spectacular. It was more than enough for me. As if it was tailored just for me to see. This is my personalised testimony!

God took care of my grades, showing me a steady growth I have never seen. Why? I've never thought of relying on Him in the past. How foolish. Yet He gracefully showed me His steadfast love. I'm just a sinner, not worthy of anything. To deserve Christ's blood is just an act of pure love and grace.

Graduation on October 15 was a day I just kept looking back at how impossible my results were. All I could really think of was "anything is possible through Christ". Indeed, He deserves all my praise and thanks! Glory to God!

So many things have changed in my life. God has really showed me that I could never go wrong if I choose to follow Him. This journey of experiencing Him has just only started. I know I will see even greater things done in future through Him.

What's next? I'm sure I will find out in due time. For now, I'm occupied with so many ministry work and I'm really enjoying them. Although there are some frustrations here and there, but God is good. Things never seem to be done in vain.

Who knows I may be able to go for full time ministry? I just want to experience God until the day He calls me home. I thank Him for everything He has done for me, good or bad, I will continue to praise Him!




Comments

Popular Posts